Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process. Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise product delivery process or the enterprise order fulfillment process. At this level, projects are of moderate scope and responsibility or may be a significant portion of a major and diverse project or process; decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors and/or managers. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work for support personnel, contractors and suppliers.
* Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
* Provides support and trouble shooting for current operations. Investigates, gathers and analyze data and implement solutions.
* Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope.
* Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations.
* Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope.
* Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology.
* Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
In this role, you will:
• Support the Factory Automation solutions and tool sets
• Be responsible for troubleshooting control logic and software including, but not limited to: PLCs, HMIs, and PC based logic
• Support interfaces for communicating with shop floor devices and fixtures
• Work with Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Factory Automation Leads to ensure manufacturing and standardization goals are achieved.
Education: Bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines: Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related undergraduate degree. Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of a four-year degree.
In addition we require 1 or more of the following:
• 1+ years’ experience with PLCs
• 1+ years’ experience with machine control hardware and software design
• 1 or more years of experience with various programing languages (SQL, C, Python, etc.)
• 1 or more years of experience with robotic or automated systems
• Strong interpersonal skills to obtain information from a variety of sources including ability to communicate and coordinate his/her activities, with production supervisors, process and manufacturing engineers, production personnel, and outside contractors and suppliers.
A strong candidate will also have:
• Experience interfacing/communicating with shop floor equipment via Ethernet
• Ability to investigate a request for revising an existing machine or system or creating a new design
• Experience with control engineering applications: AutoCAD Electrical and Rockwell/Allen Bradley suites
• Experience with multiple communication protocols (i.e. Ethernet, EIP, Telnet, Serial, CAN, DeviceNet).